On the day of your admission:
- Bring all your current medication including eye drops and natural therapies in the original packaging
- Bring your x-rays and pathology results
- Bring your Pension Card, Medicare Card, Health Fund or DVA Card with you
- Please shower or bathe before arrival
- Wear comfortable, loose clothes, including comfortable shoes
- If you are staying overnight, bring your toiletries and pyjamas with you
- You should not wear make-up, nail polish, contact lenses or jewellery, although your wedding rings are acceptable
- If you require the services of a interpreter please advise us at least 48 hours before surgery
It is important to keep taking any heart, blood pressure or asthma medication on the morning and day of surgery with a sip of water. If you have diabetes or take blood thinning medication, you will need to discuss management of your medication with your surgeon prior to surgery.
For security purposes, valuable items and large amounts of cash should not be brought to the hospital.
Please Note: The hospital cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, any property you choose to keep at your bedside. Do not forget to collect your personal effects before you leave.
Hospital visiting hours are 10:00am until 8:00pm.
Because of our suburban location, there is limited access to amenities nearby, however tea and coffee making facilities are available in the admissions lounge.
No Smoking Policy
Patients and visitors are requested not to smoke while attending or staying in the hospital.