Personal Information & Privacy
Dalcross Adventist Hospital is a Division of Adventist HealthCare Limited (AHCL). The following AHCL policy on Personal Information and Privacy applies to Dalcross Adventist Hospital.
Adventist HealthCare Limited (AHCL) recognises and respects every patient’s right to privacy. We will collect and use the minimum amount of personal information needed for us to ensure that you receive a high level of health care. We will always endeavour to manage your information to protect your privacy.
This includes both paper and electronic records.
Personal information we usually hold:
- Your name, address, telephone and email contact details
- Health fund details
- Date and country of birth
- Next of kin
- Health information
- The name and contact details of your General Practitioner and your referring doctor
- Returned Service information
- Religious beliefs or affiliations (if provided)
- Marital status
- Transaction details associated with our services
- Indigenous status and language spoken at home (for the Department of Health).
What we do with personal information:
- We will collect it discreetly
- We will store it securely
- Subject to what we say in this section, we will only provide your personal information to people involved in your care
- We will provide relevant information to your health fund, or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Medicare Australia, Cancer Council, NSW Department of Health or to other entities when we are required by law to do so
- After removing details that could identify you, we may use the information to assist with research and service improvement projects. We are also required to provide this kind of information to government agencies
- AHCL operates teaching hospitals and we may use personal information in the training and education of medical, nursing and other allied health students
- We will destroy our record of your information when it has become too old to be useful or when we are no longer required by law to retain it
- We may use the information to contact you. By providing your email address, we assume permission to use this address for administrative communications (for example, receipts) regarding your hospital visit
- We may share your contact details with the Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH) Foundation. The SAH Foundation provides patients with information, newsletters and details about fundraising appeals. The SAH Foundation may use the information to contact you.
AHCL is a Christian organisation and we are committed to holistic care, including your spiritual needs while you are receiving care.
Chaplains and Spiritual Caregivers are part of our care team and accredited community representatives regularly visit our hospitals.
You may request a visit from a representative of your faith, or you may request that no chaplain or visiting faith representative call on you while you are a patient in an AHCL hospital.
Newsletters and other mailed information
In the future AHCL and/or the SAH Foundation may send you information about our programs, services and activities in the form of newsletters and details about fundraising activities. If you do not wish to receive this information, you may notify the Privacy Officer. Mailings to you will cease as soon as possible after your notification.
Privacy Officer Contact Details
Phone: (02) 9932 6600
Or Write to: The Privacy Officer
Dalcross Adventist Hospital
28 Stanhope Rd, Killara, NSW, 2071
You may contact the Privacy Commissioner if you are not satisfied that the Hospital has resolved your complaint.