After Your Surgery
Before going home, you and your carer will receive both written and verbal instructions on your post-operative care. Take it easy and rest for the next 24 hours.
Things to aviod after surgery:
- Looking after small children
- Driving a car of riding a bike
- Operating machinery
- Strain or strenuous activity
- Signing important documents
- Drinking alcohol
- Swimming (ophthalmic patients)
Please check with your surgeon before resuming any of these activities.
If you have any concerns, please phone the hospital on (02) 9932 6600.